Our Pinewood Derby is this Saturday January 24th starting at 8:30am. Attached are the rules
Below is the schedule.
The Crew will be providing refreshments again this year.
PINEWOOD DERBY – 2015
Friday, January 23rd
- 5:00 – 5:30 pm Volunteer Training Orientation
- 6:00 pm volunteers will begin live training during practice with their scout if track set up is completed.
- 6:30 – 8:00 pm Practice Race (test weigh your cars, practice on tracks)
Saturday, January 24th
- 8:30 am – 9:30 am Registration. (Must be in line no later than 9:15 to qualify.)
- As part of the registration process, each car will be
- Measured to verify length (each car must fit in box). A sticker will be applied to confirm eligibility
- Weighed on official race scale (max weight is 5 oz.)
- Entered in Computer with Scout Name and Den number
- Crew 250 Snack Shack will have breakfast and lunch items available for purchase throughout the day.
- 9:30 am – 10:00 am Judging
- Local Celebrity Judge will determine 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place “Best Design” and briefly speak to the boys about
- CubScouts will vote on “Cubs Choice” (1st, 2nd, and 3rd place)
- 9:30 – 10:00 am Turn-in Medical Forms
- 10:00 am – Official Start of Race
- Cubs will race in the following order:
- Webelos I
- Webelos II
- Den and Pack races will be double elimination with medals awarded to Den 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers and
overall speed trophies to the Pack 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place finishers.
- The top 3 winners from each den will move on to the Pack races.
- Pack races will begin after a short intermission to award Den Medals, Design trophies and Cub’s Choice trophies.
The entire race should be completed by 3 pm.